Total Pageviews

Friday 24 June 2011

recent visit to london

on the weekend of june 10th, my son david and myself went to london to visit family and friends, i thought it a good opportunity to take a couple of pictures of my mum and dad to post them here. we also took a visit to where most of my brothers ashes are kept, in his mothers grave
I had a good chat with my father about pictures and he gave me a good rundown on who was who, i shall be putting all of these photos on the blog in good time.

My dad, Dermot, 94
My mother, Mary, 84
My sister Carol
My brother, Michael
All of us in my mothers flat in Battersea, thats my son David in the middle
My fathers first wife, Ivy's grave in Streatham, where martins ashes are buried also.
.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, You have attached a photo of my parents gravestone, Peter and Doris Curran in Glasnevein Cemetary. Their gravestone was vandalised when you took this photo, and we have restored it. If you would like a new photo to put on the website please let me know. However, I would appreciate if you could take the one you have on your blog off immediately. I have tried to contact you via email but to no avail.

    Regards
    Marguerite Curran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marguerite,
      Thank you for posting on my Genealogy Blog, and pointing out to me that I should use an updated photo of Peter and Doris' grave in Glasnevin.
      You will now see that the mentioned photo has been removed, thank you for offering to send me a copy of the newly repaired grave, but I only live around the corner from Glasnevin.
      When I write my blogs, they are just set the way I put them down, so I really appreciate any feedback or requests that can help me update and correct any information that I have put down in the past.
      I hope you are well, and would like to have a chat with you some time about our extended families genealogy? My Email is ptrcrrn@gmail.com.
      All the best
      Regards
      Peter Curran

      Delete