Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 June 2011

Visit to Glasnevin cemetery

Yesterday afternoon was an absolute scorcher, well for us anyway, so I had a bit of time on my hands, so took a stroll around Glasnevin cemetery to visit relatives. I took some pics of my relatives graves and thought i'd show them here.
First up is my Gradfather, Martin Currans grave (NH172.5)

It was quite a surprise to see that work is being carried out in the area, this area was very over grown and uneven, it was really cool to see it being returned to it's former glory, I have seen other areas which the work has been completed and they look good. the only snag was that, even though it doesn't really apply to martins grave, if there was anything on the ground in front of the graves it has all been removed, there was a small bush in front of this grave that my dad planted, and that is gone, but it all looks so good now.

My Uncle Frank Curran(JL291.5)
My Uncle Alf, he is in the cremation plot near the front gate
John Curran, my Grandfathers Uncle(circled)WD88.5
Closer view of John Currans grave top half
.....And bottom half
Deborah Maher nee Curran, my fathers 1st cousin(daughter of Peter Curran, Newtownbarry) in the cremation plot.
My wifes Grandparents on her mothers side
My wifes Great Grandparents
My wifes great grandfather, William Brophys grave, marked X YD144
Teresa Hayden, my wifes great great grandmother, marked X BK321

No comments:

Post a Comment